Move Out Guidelines
Utilities must remain in your name for the duration of your lease. Do not have utilities shut off or transferred into Five Star’s name until the final day of your lease, even if you are moving out a few days early.
Once you have turned in your Notice To Vacate, we will begin advertising the property for rent. If we have any showings for the property, we will notify you at least the day before by email. Please verify or update the email address we have on file for you so you will receive your notifications properly.
Painting and Repairs
While you may choose to take care of these, we do not recommend residents attempt to repair wall damage or paint. From our experience, most residents that attempt repairs or painting cause more damage to the walls than if left alone, causing extra costs to the resident. Repairing wall damage requires prepping/sanding of the affected area, proper texturing of the area, and priming. All painting must be painted in a professional manner, properly trimmed in and painted from corner to corner to avoid polka dotting the walls due to a slight color or sheen difference. If you have questions or concerns regarding painting or any repairs please call the office and speak to our Property Services team.
Return keys to the office by 12:00/Noon on your move-out date. Do not leave your keys in the property and hope we find them. If you leave your keys in our office drop box, please make sure you indicate which property they are for, include remotes, carpet cleaning receipt and provide us with your forwarding address. You may be charged additional rent if keys are not returned on your scheduled move-out date. When turning over possession, bring the following:
- All copies of keys
- Garage remotes (if any)
- Carpet Cleaning receipt
- Forwarding address
You must leave the premises in a rentable condition. All cleaning must be finished before you turn in your keys and before any inspections. The following must be completed per your lease agreement:
- Clean all appliances inside and out, including: stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer, and refrigerator. Pull large appliances out to clean underneath, sides and behind. Do not use cleaning products in a self-cleaning oven.
- Clean baseboards, trim, walls and doors; including exterior doors.
- Clean windows, window sills, window coverings, blinds, light fixtures, switches, outlets, cover plates, ventilation fans, vents, air return covers, etc.
- Clean toilets, tubs, showers, sinks, faucets, counters, backsplashes, and soap holders – including hard water buildup.
- Wipe out and clean cabinets, drawers, closets and shelves.
- Leave operating light bulbs of appropriate size, number, and wattage in each light fixture and socket.
- Dispose of all trash and boxes and sweep front and back entry, as well as the garage.
- If landscaping is your responsibility, mow and trim grass and clean yard of all weeds and trash.
- Sweep and mop all hard surface floors. Vacuum carpeted areas, with special attention to baseboards and edges.
- Carpets must be professionally cleaned by Carpet Solutions (208-705-5669, email@example.com), Ted's Carpet Care (208-241-5629, firstname.lastname@example.org), Rocky Mountain Carpet Cleaning (208-237-1938, email@example.com). Cleaning carpets with a rental machine is not allowed. Receipt of service must be provided to Management. It is recommended to call the approved vendors a couple weeks in advance to ensure timely cleaning by the end of the month. Please mention you are a Five Star resident for discount and priority scheduling. All belongings and furniture must be removed from the carpeted areas before carpets can be cleaned. If not, vendor will have to come back at a later time and will charge you a rescheduling fee.
This is not required, but if you would like to schedule a move-out inspection with a member of our staff, please contact our office at least 5 business days in advance to schedule a time. All inspections must be scheduled before 12:00/Noon on the last day of your lease. These inspections can take up to 60-90 minutes to perform. Keys must be turned in at the inspection regardless if there is more time remaining on your lease. Carpet cleaning must be completed and dry at the time of inspection. All keys/remotes and carpet cleaning receipt should be ready to hand over to the inspector at the inspection. If you are not completely moved out and ready to turn over keys, the inspector will not be able to perform the move out inspection and will not be able schedule a second inspection. These inspections will only be scheduled and performed with those who are on the lease.
We will mail you a statement regarding your security deposit within 30 days from last day of your lease. In order to receive your security deposit refund, you must:
- Have given the proper notice of your intent to vacate
- Provide us with a proper forwarding address
- Leave the property in a clean, undamaged and re-rentable condition
- Leave utilities in your name through the last day of your lease
- Not be in default of your lease agreement (See Default section of your lease agreement)
If the costs we incur getting the property ready to re-rent exceed the amount of your security deposit, you will receive a bill for the difference. Please contact our office if you have any questions. Good luck with your move!